Wednesday, 15 April 2009

More Than Just Friendship?

I was having a chat with our dear friend Chan Ji Hong and I asked him a question..

"What is your opinion when one person is beginning to dislike his or her friend because one knows too much about the friend and is very close to the friend?

To me, Chan gave a very wise answer. He said that is the testing point of the friendship that one has developed. It is whether both of them will continue to be friends despite each others short-comings and differences. That point of friendship will also determine if both of them are really just good friends or a friendship that has developed into brotherhood and sisterhood where both of them will still encourage each other in times of difficulties and misunderstandings.

For me, I place great importance on friendship as it is a very special gift in our lives that one cannot take for granted. Personally, I will treasure friendships throughout my life. Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. More often than not friendships that reach that point, where familiarity breeds contempt, will just dwindle down and evaporate subtly.

    Right? Don't u think so too, Mr Derick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. yet, when you got past that point, its almost friends forever:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree. yet when you get past that point, it's almost friends forever:)

    ReplyDelete