Ah, its been a very long time since I last blogged. Nicky arr...why are you so lazy? You should be preparing for your economics test instead of blogging! Nevertheless, I shall blog about my experience of the Summer Camp recently in the buds of May!
Some things just surprised me in the summer camp. Firstly, this is the first summer camp where I managed to shower at least 3 times a day! And the water was....REFRESHING and as what Sarah mentioned, it's COLD!!! Luckily I did not find a black squirmy thing on my body. Cheers!!! Besides, I somehow felt that the water from our water taps were from the streams we crossed during the jungle trekking that were contaminated by our MUDDY SHOES!!! EWWW!(Not Eu).
Another thing that caught my attention were hidden ardour and eagerness by our friends. During the Explorace on the last day of Summer camp, many of us were running up and down the hill to complete the tasks. I bet many of us wished to flatten that exasperating hill. But what caught my attention were my friends like Poh Hui and Ainin who were still running up and everywhere during the game, showing passion and excitement eventhough they were exhausted! Even Woei Song can testify he was surprised that Miss Poh Hui was so cooperative and full of energy during the Explorace!
The one thing I treasured most during this camp was FRIENDSHIPS!!! I got to know loads of new friends from the other classed like Rahimi, Aya, Fadli, Afif, and many more. It's not an everyday thing where friends can get together to play cards, chat, laugh until the wee hours in the morning and to play pranks on others. It is also in camps where people show their reactions and emotions in times of stress like in the hanging bridge and jungle trekking. Otherwise, friends like Gary showed a great deal of kindness and helpfulness in the camp. Keep it up Gary!
I also enjoyed the togetherness and cooperation by the camp committees in the camp and also the lecturers. Miss Effa is super duper fun to 'kacau'! I also want to thank the committees and the lecturers for thier efforts and willingness to keep the camp running smoothly despite being pushed to the limits of not having enough sleep or being greatly irritated by insects. Not to forget, a great round of applause of thanks to Mr Al!
Lastly, I really enjoyed the mornings where I was able to spend time with God in nature. Somehow, God's presence is real in nature, probably because there are less distractions. I enjoyed the times of prayers and praises I had with God! It was AMAZING!
To wrap things up, this Summer Camp was exhuasting but enjoyable. I truly want to thank everyone for being such a sport and a blessing in this Summer Camp. Keep the summer in our lives going on as studies suck out our joy in life, worst than leeches. Hehe. God Bless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment