Living in sincerity. This was the greatest lesson that impacted me as much as I was impacted with glorious aroma of the legendary Kolo mee when I watched the movie 'He's just not into You'. The movie left me thinking seriously about my life in KBU as I was able to relate with it very much. Some of you may be thinking that it is weird for a guy to watch that movie but be convicted of sincerity rather that BGR (Boy Girl Relationship). Nevertheless, let me share my insights of the movie.
Firstly, sincerity means living in the light. In other words, having good character and showing our true selves to people without hiding any sins we usually do when no one is watching. Character is what you do in the dark. Hence, we all must strive to build good character within us so that we will be blameless in our life and not live in a lie. In the movie, if the husband was sincere to show true love to his wife, he would have stopped smoking and would not have to trouble himself to hide his cigarettes and his sins.
Sincerity must also come with actions and not just convictions. As faith without deeds is dead, so sincerity without actions is pure 'crap'. If one is sincere, he would really get things into action. I have a good classmate that has a favourite phrase of ' Don't talk, do it'. I would rather put it as ' Walk the Talk'. From the movie, in the talk of love, guys like to potray themselves as being sincere, but do not want to be sincere. This issue is what makes females wonder about the genuity of a guys love for them.
This leads me to my third point where the absence ot sincerity brings destruction. The absence of sincerity will always leave you at the losing end mercilessly. Insincerity really shows an ugly face to the public. It not only destroys your life, but it destroys the life of others, the life of your loved ones.
So, whatever we do, always do it with a right purpose. Be sincere... I want to be sincere with myself and not live in a lie...
well said nic!!
ReplyDeletei love the movie too! =)